Hiring a domestic skip is a great way to dispose of the waste generated by a refurbishment project in your home or garden. When you hire a skip from WT skips, you know that the waste is being disposed of responsibly – over 90% of the waste chucked in our skips gets recycled. Here are some things you will need to consider before your skip gets delivered.
- Where do you want it? Think about where you would like your skip to be situated. It needs to be accessible by our delivery and pick-up teams. On larger properties, we may be able to park the skip right under the window of the room you are tearing out. For smaller terraced properties, you may have to reserve us a patch of road. Skips on the highway require a permit – which you can apply for using our £5m public liability insurance.
- How long do you want it for? We loan out our skips for up to two weeks. Once it is full, give us a call and we will come and collect it within 24 hours.
- What size skip do you want? For most domestic jobs, our smaller skip sizes are sufficient. A 2-yard skip will hold 25-35 black bin bags worth of waste. A 4-yard skip is the perfect size for small renovation projects. Larger skips cannot be filled with soil and rubble as they will be too heavy for our lorries to lift.
- What can you put in your skip? Any solid, non-hazardous waste. We will take all general household and garden waste with the exception of: fluids, batteries, asbestos, CRT televisions and monitors, refrigerators and freezers, fluorescent lighting tubes, clinical waste and tyres. If you are in any doubt at all about what can and can’t go in a skip, just give us a call.
- How do you pay? We take cash on delivery or you can pay over the phone with a debit or credit card. We will always provide a receipt for cash transactions.
If you have any questions at all about skip hire, please don’t hesitate to call our office on 01493 668118 – a member of experienced team will be able to advise you on any of the above matters.