WT WASTE LTD. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is WT Waste, Harfreys Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 3NZ.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Online Orders: You may give us information about you by ordering from our site, https://www.wtskiphire.co.uk/ (“our site”). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit/debit card information.
- Offline Information: You may give us information about you when you order over the telephone. This may include name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit/debit card information.
Google Analytics sets a cookies which identifies unique visitors to our website. We use Google Analytics to keep track of how many users are accessing our website, and to see which pages they browse through. Analytics help us to understand our audience so that we can deliver a better service to everyone.
Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WT Waste Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Some of the data we collect is processed by RWD Click Ltd who manage our website updates and digital marketing. They collect anonymised data to help them improve the user experience of our website. Any personal data they process for us is treated in the strictest confident. In line with GDPR laws, they will only use data for marketing purposes if they have obtained the specific consent of the data owner.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enable to you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Online orders are sent to us via email. No financial details are on this email, only delivery details. The email system is password-protected and encrypted. Emails are deleted once the information is transferred to the office database. We will keep this information on the office database to allow us to repeat orders. This information can be removed by request (see below). The office database is protected by password. Backup copies of this database are encrypted on cloud-based software.
Credit and debit card details given over the telephone are inputted into a secure card machine in the office. The card details are cross-shredded after this is completed. The cardholder’s redacted copy is sent to the customer on the delivery ticket for their own storage. The merchant’s copy is stored in a locked metal container in the office for accountancy purposes. Copies no longer needed are cross-shredded on site. Contract details given over the phone are stored and use in the same way as those given by email (above).
Copies of delivery tickets are stored in a locked metal cabinet once the contract is completed. These are stored in line with environmental legislation. Accounts information is stored on Sage software and backed up to an encrypted, cloud-based system. This is stored in line with HMRC requirements.
We do not sell on contact details to third parties.
The GDPR enshrines the rights that individuals may exercise in relation to their data:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data-portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-mkaing, including profiling
You have the right to request, either verbally or in writing, access to any personal data we may have on you. We will respond within one month. There is no charge for this.
You have the right to request, either verbally or in writing, amendments to or deletion of any personal data we may have on you. We will respond within one month. There is no charge for this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Enhanced Conversions feature allows Google Ads to access encrypted customer data from a conversion action (such as filling out an enquiry form) and then match that data back to ads viewed on other devices. This helps us track which Google Ads are useful to our business.
This only affects customers who are logged into their Google account when browsing our website. To control what data you are sharing with Google, go to: https://myactivity.google.com/activitycontrols. Google states that customer data will never be shared with other advertisers Access controls and encryptions are in place to prevent unauthorised access to your data.